So excited to share my first Inside Your Ride podcast episode… – John French talks about what he does to get himself into the right mindset before a big class, how every rider has their own zone, what he does to challenge himself, and how to handle pressure. – Kristin Keim and I discuss my favorite meditation app Headspace and the importance of mindfulness training for athletes. – I answer a listener question about how you can tell the difference between nerves and excitement. So grateful to my awesome guests and everyone at Horse Radio Network and the Plaid Horse who helped make this episode so much fun to do! Looking forward to many more podcasts as part of the Plaidcast.
Plaid Horse presents the first “Inside Your Ride” with mental skills coach Tonya Johnston. Tonya speaks about the mental game with top Hunter Rider John French, speaks with Dr. Kristin Keim about mindfulness and her app “Headspace”. Plus, Tonya answers listener questions on the mental side of riding.
or click the Podcast icons to subscribe & auto-download future podcasts on your phone.
Guests and Links:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Host: Tonya Johnston, Visit her website, Facebook and buy her book Inside Your Ride
- Pic: John French Credit: Plaid Horse Magazine
- Guest: Hunter Rider John French of Waldenbrook Farm
- Guest: Kristin Keim of Keim Performance Consulting
- Link: Four Reasons Every Athlete Should Meditate
- Link: Headspace
- Sponsors: Plaid Horse Magazine and Epona Exchange