The Plaid Horse presents “Inside Your Ride” with mental skills coach Tonya Johnston. Today, Tonya welcomes Olympic show jumping rider Lauren Hough. Lauren is a three-time Pan American medalist, has represented Team USA at the Olympic Games and World Equestrian Games, in addition to seven FEI World Cup Final appearances.
Lauren is currently recovering from shoulder surgery following a freak bike accident in May where she was hit by a car. Tonya also welcomes Ella Doerr who was a recipient of the USHJA Youth Leadership Award, USHJA Youth Sportsmanship Award and the USHJA Foundation Gochman Family Grant. Since she was 7 years old (she is 17 now) she’s bought and paid for her ponies with her own earnings while keeping them at home and performing all their care. She’s brought them along from just broke to zone championships and USEF Pony Finals. Ella is a junior reporter for the Chronicle of the Horse, volunteers for charities and has managed three horse shows to raise funds for terminally ill children. Tonya also answers a listener question about making mistakes in your visualization.
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 193:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Tonya Johnston, Visit her website, Facebook and buy her book Inside Your Ride
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, THIS & The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Guest: Lauren Hough
- Guest: Ella Doerr
- Summer Equestrian College Courses Online
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Springtime Supplements, Legends Horse Feed, Stonewall Farm, AIG, Show Strides Book Series, Straight Arrow, The Plaid Horse Adult Amateur Lounge, Balmoral TV