The Plaid Horse presents “Inside Your Ride” with mental skills coach Tonya Johnston. Today Tonya talks with top show jumping and equitation trainer Stacia Madden of Beacon Hill Show Stables about developing confidence, goal setting, and the preparation strategies that help her students excel in high pressure situations. Tonya also speaks to sport psychologist Dr. Cindra Kamphoff about her book “Beyond Grit” and her best strategies for harnessing the power of self talk.
Or click the podcast icons in the right column to subscribe & auto-download future podcasts on your phone or device.
- Visit the PlaidCast on Horse Radio Network
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Host: Tonya Johnston, Visit her website, Facebook and buy her book Inside Your Ride
- Sponsors: Plaid Horse Magazine, Epona Exchange, Washington International Horse Show and The Plaid Horse Gear
- Photo: Tonya Johnston and DiAnn Langer
- Guest: DiAnn Langer, US Equestrian Youth Chef d’Equipe
- Guest: Simon Marshall, Sport Psychologist and professor at UC San Diego
- Guest: Lesley Paterson, 3-time off-road Triathlon World Champion